Making Ideas Happen Summary (Preview)


Creating an idea is only 1% of the battle. The other 99% of the battle is making it happen. Watch this summary preview to catch a glimpse of what it takes to turn your ideas into reality.

Watch the summary preview

5 ways to win a copy of “Making Ideas Happen”

We’ll be giving away 5 copies of Making Ideas Happen this week. We really want you to have a copy of this book, and here’s how you can win:

1. Leave a thoughtful and relevant comment on this post any time this week. Bonus points for striking up a conversation with another commenter here. Start today by commenting on the preview video below. (3 winners chosen).

2. Start a discussion on our Facebook fan page ( about the book.

3. Connect to me on LinkedIn ( with “Making Ideas Happen” in your email, and make sure to answer the question in item #2 of my profile summary. If we are already connected, send me an email with an answer to that question. Just so you don’t miss it, the question is: “I’m trying to ___________ (insert goal) and I need help connecting with __________ (insert resources or name of person). Can you help?”

About the Author

Scott is the founder and CEO of Behance, a company that develops products and services for creative industries. Behance oversees the Behance Network, the world’s leading online platform for creative professionals; The 99%, Behance’s think tank and annual conference devoted to execution in the creative world, and Action Method, a popular online/mobile productivity application and line of organizational paper products.

  • Ingrid Hein
    It's fun to have a trailer for a book. Nice soundtrack too. Will the music come on a CD with the book? - Or be downloadable?

    Okay, so this video got me thinking about the Pareto principle (80-20 rule). I wondered if a sociologist or economist would agree that ideas are 1% with 99% being a battle to make it happen. Can this be, or is it, mathematically -or otherwise - proven in the book?

    Wikipedia: The Pareto principle (also known as the 80-20 rule,[1] the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.

    Does anyone know how accurate the 1-99 rule is when talking about ideas to implementation?
  • Jon ComBridges
    Keep up the good work, Steve; and please enter me for a free copy of "Making Ideas Happen" Thanks.
  • Joy Meredith
    I consider myself a projectprenuer and love the idea of this book. The action is always the toughest part, if I could get paid by the idea I would be a billionaire, but alas it is the execution that is the battle. We could all use more effective action steps, so I look forward to reading Making Ideas Happen. If I don't win a copy, I will definitely add it to my must buy list.
    Great job as usual Steve :)
  • Ryan Jacobs
    I'm really looking forward to reading this book!

    I've been thinking a lot lately about what it takes to convert ideas to realities. I believe it hinges, to a large extent, on FOCUS. For me, a big reason why ideas don't get off the ground -- or they get barely off the ground, then crash -- is because I become distracted. Based on Steve's intro to Making Ideas Happen, I'm hopeful that Scott Belsky's strategies will help me look at my ideas differently, so that I can sustain focus and see more of them through to the end.

    Thanks Steve -- this book looks extremely useful!
  • Stephanie
    I am new to the site but a lot of great ideas! And it is so true, thinking of great ideas is 1% it is the execution that sometimes never happens!!
blog comments powered by Disqus

Previous post:

Next post: